Price in GBP:
£37.50 INCL. VAT
This manifold heater is the answer to your carburettor icing problems. In cold weather conditions your engine can suffer from flat spots and back firing due to the inlet manifold getting so cold that the fuel freezes before getting to the combustion chamber. This electric blanket can be the answer to your problems. It heats the manifold which in turn heats the fuel vapour before icing can occur.
FITTING INSTRUCTIONS :
1. Remove fuel pump
2. Remove small vacuum hose from left side of the manifold (if fitted)
3. Keep manifold heater eyelets aligned with the vacuum hose fitting and start on left side of inlet manifold, wrap the manifold heater around insuring tapered end is on outside, secure with Velcro
4. Refit vacuum pipe (if fitted)
5. Connect fused wire to ignition fed live (15)
6. Connect other wire to any convenient earth i.e.: - bolt securing coil to fan housing
7. Refit fuel pump using new gaskets (113127314)
Note; The manifold heater should never be connected directly to a battery or used in any way off the inlet manifold or without the engine running in order to avoid damage to the manifold heater.